The first mail chute was installed in 1884 for muti-floored office buildings. Each floor could deposit mail in the chute and it would slide down to the receiving box. This one is in excellent condition and could be restored to its original beauty with little effort. It is constructed of cast iron and brass. It stands 3 feet tall and 21 inches wide.